Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm's story

The Story of a boy who went forth to learn fear






   To interpret a story from the Grimm brothers it's interesting and also a good challenge creating a painting on canvas for this subject because this topic needs to be illustrated in a little book from my point of view. The storyline is very fascinating because the main character, a young boy have to spend and survive three nights in a damned castle. On the first night he is surprised by two crazy black cats, however on the second night happens something strange, because while the boy was sitting on his chair half-men felt in front of him, and on the third night the boy was attacked by a giant old man.
    I already known at the beginning that, I have to paint something different, something special and finally I decided to make a diptych. I wanted to play a little bit with the space and with compositional possibilities what were given by these two canvases positioned near each other.
   I am still working on this painting...






No comments:

Post a Comment